Join us for the special Remembrance Day panel discussion, through the lens of the Geelong Honours Them Project.
This community project involved locating and photographing hundreds of WWI Honour Boards around our region with the resulting digital images now available to explore on a dedicated website (https://geelonghonoursthem.grlc.vic.gov.au/). WWI honour boards record the names of women and men who served, connected to their local school, church, club and more. They provide access to recorded social history and an invaluable insight to our local Anzac heritage.
A panel of special guest speakers will discuss the significance of commemorating those who served and preserving and recording the Honour Boards. The panellists include:
• Dr Ruth Lee – Geelong Author and retired Australian history teacher
• Lieutenant Colonel Neil C Smith, AM (Retired) – Author, military historian, radio and television presenter;
• Lynne Bryant - President Bellarine Camera Club
• Mark Beasley - Project Manager Geelong Honours Them, Manager Geelong Heritage Centre and
• Facilitator Dr Geoff Russell – Historian, Teacher, Researcher, Photographer
A project of Geelong Regional Libraries supported by the Victorian Government with funding from the Victoria Remembers Major Grant Program.